Resume of Bruce E. Blitch
Senior Manager, WSR Consulting Group, LLC
A pragmatic, business-minded, Information Technology executive with a solid business foundation, and international experience. Over 25 years in assisting companies to recognize the business improvements brought by information technology, and the proactive management of its implementation. These efforts consistently delivered enhancements to profitability, efficiency, and/or market position. Work history includes 10 years of global systems responsibilities and international postings in a Fortune 500 company, and 15 years in positions as CIO and/or CFO for, multi-location/state financial retail service, and multi-national manufacturing, companies.
The scope of the systems that Mr. Blitch has designed, built, managed the implementation of, and/or qualified as an expert witness on includes:
- Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) Systems (such as Baan, JD Edwards, Peoplesoft, or SAP)
- Fortune 500 class legacy mainframe systems
- Client/Server architecture systems for financial services companies
- Distributed systems and databases
- National/International scale Wide Area Networks of PCs
- Web-based information delivery systems
- ML-based e-commerce systems
Business Counseling and Management:
- Managed a cross-functional technical and user team on the project definition and planning of a 25,000-man-hour global systems project for a Fortune 500 company.
- Directed an on-schedule and budget, 6-month “ASAP” implementation of a full scope SAP R/3 ERP system to replace an existing legacy accounting, manufacturing, inventory, and transportation systems.
- Managed an aggressively scheduled business process and programming project to broaden the implementation of a company-wide labor cost system for a Fortune 500 company. This on-schedule effort delivered major cash flow benefits.
- Designed and developed an application to perform on-site financial analysis of complex real estate development projects for one of the country's largest builders of new homes.
- Lead an organization’s management team in identifying and defining management requirements to develop a multi-year IT plan that included a complete overhaul of the communication and computing infrastructure, and a full operational requirements definition and ERP software selection project.
- Managed needs analysis, programming and/or implementation projects for a Fortune 500 company in major operations centers in Houston TX, Chicago IL, Greenville SC, Düsseldorf, Germany, Camberley, England and Haarlem, The Netherlands.
Systems Solutions and Innovation:
- Conceived, and managed the development of, a fast-track project to replace an outsourced business-critical revenue and activity tracking system. This project cut operational costs 60+ percent, creating a project payback of less than 6 months.
- Conceived and implemented a revenue analysis system with links to external vendors that lead to a revenue enhancement program achieving over a 5% increase in revenue, on the same level of base transactional activity, by its third month. This resulted in over $800K in increased profitability within the first year.
- Developed a revenue analysis system that identified in excess of $130K monthly in additional revenue. In the first two months of the project, targeted revenue rose more than 6%.
- Initiated an analysis to identify opportunities in a product loading and transportation process. This project identified in excess of $290K in potential annual profit impact.
- Conceived, and managed the development of, a GIS based market analysis tool. Combined a cross-functional team’s input with internal and external data sets to identify, by specific potential customer, new revenue opportunities.
- CIO Expert Witness in a 9-figure dispute between a multi-billion dollar national retail chain and their implementation partner over allegations surrounding an SAP implementation
|Tessenderlo Kerley Inc. (Phoenix, AZ)
||1997 - Present
Chief Information Officer
| Impact Consulting ( San Juan Capistrano, CA)
|| 1995 - 1997
| Victoria Mortgage Corporation ( Irvine, CA)
||Jan 1996 - Jul 1996
Chief Information Officer
| The Spring Mountain Group ( Irvine, CA)
||1990 - 1995
Chief Financial Officer, Chief Operations Officer
| The Fluor Corporation
(North America, Saudi Arabia, Japan, various EU countries)
| 1980 - 1990
Project Group Leader - Finance System
B.S. in Business Administration - 1979, College of Charleston, Charleston, SC
- The CIO Peer Group Roundtable – Member of a forum for senior Information Technology executives to exchange ideas with their peers on key issues of interest.
- The Agricultural CIO Roundtable – Founding member of a peer group forum for the top-level technology policy makers from business segments serving the Agriculture industry to gather and discuss technologies, priorities, and strategies.
- “Enterprise-Wide Software for Medium-Sized Firms” - Speaker at Cal State Fullerton Dean’s technology symposium on ERP for the Faculty of The School of Business Administration & Economics.
- “Turning Good Chemistry into Equipment Sales and Maintenance Revenue” - Speaker at The America’s SAP Users Group (ASUG) Annual Conference – ASUG is the world's largest independent, not-for-profit, organization of SAP customer companies and partners.
- “The Industry’s Use of E-Commerce” - Speaker at The Fertilizer Institute‘s Outlook Conference – Speaker at the fertilizer industry’s premier forecasting conference. The annual event is intended for financial experts, economists, bankers, and investor relations professionals who follow the world fertilizer market.
- “Computer Disasters – Lessons Learned in Getting the Facts before the Court – An Experts’ Panel” – Speaker at Southwestern Law School’s International IT Law Conference – The conference brings together national and international experts, and those who litigate, arbitrate or mediate IT-related disputes, to share their experiences with an audience of lawyers, computer industry executives and government representatives from the Americas, Asia and Europe.
- “Talk to your Plants – Enterprise systems yearn to know what’s happening on the factory floor.” – CIO Magazine
- “On The Hot Seat - An IT Project Goes South, What Do You Do?” – Computerworld
- “Measuring Alignment - Business and Technology” – Computerworld
- “The Readiness Gap – Change Management and Staff Development” – CIO Insight
- “Striking a Balance – Procurement and Implementation Strategies”– Computerworld
- “CFOs demanding detailed IT project info - Sarbanes-Oxley Act of 2002” – Computerworld
- “Supply Chain ROI: 'Big Bang' Works Best - Bold improvements yield bigger ROI than incrementalism.” – Computerworl