Resume of Cassie Oates
Senior Consultant, Analyst, Database Administrator
Ms. Oates's experience as a business owner gives her solid insight into creating functional systems and building effective customer relations management (CRM) technology tools. Having worked through several critical software upgrades in mid-size entertainment companies, she has specific knowledge of the potential hazards and solutions to systems adoption by users, customers, partners, and Organizational Change Management which has made her a valuable asset to the WSRcg team.
She has worked on and reviewed several large ERP system failure litigation matters and has special expertise in locating particular documents and e-mails that help build and support the "case story." Ms. Oates has been retained by both plaintiff and defendant, and customer and vendor/integrator, in separate cases. In addition, she has planned and conducted witness interviews and understands essential litigation protocol. Ms. Oates has a solid knowledge of why systems fail and why they succeed and very quickly is able to sort out to what extent each side contributed to failure. She appreciates the many obvious and subtle difficulties and challenges regarding making new tech and legacy systems work together.
At WSRcg, Ms. Oates focuses on client interviews, e-discovery, document analysis and presentation drafting.
|WSR Consulting Group, LLC, Consultant/ Researcher/ Database Administrator
||2014 - Present
Focus on large-scale software failure litigation in the following areas:
- Discovery research;
- Conducting client/percipient witness interviews and site visits;
- Interpreting and "scoring" project and project management e-mails;
- Assisting in expert reports and testimony.
- Project WBS/timeline/critical path;
- Project estimation; phase estimations;
- Several SDLCs: waterfall, agile and scrum;
- Error logs, error patterns, and efficiency of fixes;
- Comparison of resource skills to contractual and job role/responsibilities;
- Steering Committee reports/impact on project/system;
- Risk analysis, management, mitigation and avoidance;
|Wildbrain Entertainment, (create/produce Children's Television shows),
Assistant to Legal Counsel
|2011 - 2012
- Collaborated with lead counsel to organize five years of back-logged production/client contracts, as well as updating and dispersing current contracts.
- Managed expense reports for a large production team, including Director of Production, Lead Counsel, and Vice President of Marketing.
|THQ, Executive Assistant to Online Gaming
||2009 - 2011
- Developed a database system to track samples; established budget procedures.
- Provided administrative support to VP of Online Gaming for launch of online massively multiplayer strategy game.
- Authored professional correspondence to customers and vendors in many areas.
|ACME Comedy Theatre, Owner/Administrator
||2004 - 2008
- Managed all aspects of day-to-day operations of a school and theatre in Los Angeles, California.
- Planned, managed, operated, and oversaw all facility rental and maintenance, including coordinating with out-of-state vendors. Cassie prepared and executed all contracts pertaining to vendors, rentals and subcontractors. Business sold.
- Course organization for 8 teachers and as many as 150 students and two class sites, as well as supervision of box-office staff of 8, including training, problem solving, and scheduling.
Finances: accounts payable and receivable, invoicing.
|Sutton, Barth & Vennari, (commerical talent agency) Executive Assistant
||1998 - 2004
- Designed multimedia presentations for celebrity client pitches to advertising agencies.
- Managed all correspondence and communication for celebrity department.
- Ran a 26-line phone bank.
Microsoft Word, Excel, Powerpoint, Quickbooks, Access, Adobe Acrobat, Practice Engine (Client Management Software)
|Converse College, Spartanburg, South Carolina
||1992 - 1995
|Augusta State University, Augusta, Georgia
||1995 - 1997
Bachelors of Music, Music Education, Magna Cum Laude
Member: National Honor Society, Phi Kappa Phi, Delta Omicron Music Fraternity
Co-presented with Warren S. Reid in presenting "The Economics of Software", a USC Graduate Software and Systems Engineering Course, November 16, 2016.
Assisted Warren S. Reid in presenting "Catastrophe: COCOMO and the Courtroom", a USC Graduate Software and Systems Engineering Course, October 28, 2015.