Resume of David King
Senior Manager, WSR Consulting Group, LLC
Mr. King has accumulated over 30 years of progressive experience as business owner, IT organizational head and leader, IT management consultant, educator, and writer. Mr. King possesses strengths in all aspects of IT with a unique combination of technology and marketing accomplishments. His organizational approach is to build highly effective partnerships with executive management and systems users to ensure close alignment of business and system strategies.
Mr. King is a recognized industry guru in systems development disciplines and processes and in building highly respected development organizations. He has published three successful books and several articles on project management, program design and systems development. In his most recent consulting engagements he has focused on program management of large systems and web development projects.
IT Management and Leadership:
- CIO and/or IT head for a number of high-end corporations, including Korn/Ferry International, SunAmerica and Security Pacific National Bank. President of Infotech International-USA, the US subsidiary of the Infotech International IT consulting and training company.
- Senior Internal IT Management Consultant for Citicorp’s Corporate Technology group
- Senior Program Manager for American Honda’s Business-to-Consumer web development organization – consulting engagement
- Senior Project Manager for American Honda’s Leases & Loans systems conversion projects – consulting engagement
- Product Manager for multiple IT consumer and business products developed by Citicorp’s Information Business
Training and Education:
- Faculty lead and program manager for Citicorp’s “Managing Data Processing” executive education program.
- Extension program instructor at UCLA.
- Technical Director, lead instructor and curriculum developer for Infotech International.
- Author of three published text books on IT Systems Development, Software Design and IT Project Management
- Published articles in Computerworld and Tele-Systems Journal
| Enterprise Systems Consulting, Irvine, California
||1996 - 2005
Director & Senior Management Consultant
| Korn/Ferry International, Los Angeles, California
|| 1994 - 1996
Partner and Chief Information Officer.
| SunAmerica, Los Angeles, California
||1991 - 1994
Vice President of IT Systems
| Citibank/Citicorp, Los Angeles, California & New York, New York
||1984 - 1991
Vice President, internal IT management consultant and executive education specialist,Corporate Technology Group
Vice President & Product Manager, Information Business
| Security Pacific National Bank, Los Angeles, California
|| 1979 - 1984
Vice President and Division Manager, Corporate Systems
| Infotech International, Los Angeles, California
|| 1974 - 1979
President, US Subsidiary
| IBM United Kingdom, Havant, Hampshire, UK
|| 1968 - 1974
Telecommunications Specialist, Senior Systems Analyst and Project Manager
Mid-Kent University, Medway College, U.K.
HNC (B.S. equiv.) Electronic Engineering, (Awarded Bowater Prize for academic achievement)
University of Westminster, Harrow, U.K.
Post Graduate work in Electronic Engineering, Computer Design
Open University , UK
B.A. Pure Mathematics, 50% complete prior to permanent residence in US.
UCLA Graduate School of Management
Executive Management Program
- Project Management Made Simple, Prentice-Hall, 1991
- Creating Effective Software, Prentice-Hall, 1987
- Current Practices in Software Development, Yourdon Press, 1984
(Book of the Month for MacMillan’s Library of Computer Sciences, August 1984)
- “Current Methodologies in Structured Design” - ComputerWorld, October 12, 1981
- “What is a Walkthrough?” - Telesystems Journal, February, 1982
- “How Modern Systems Development Techniques are Changing Traditional Systems
Development” - Telesystems Journal, July-August, 1982
- “Why Structured Design Is So Worth Doing?” - Telesystems Journal, November-December, 1982
- UCLA I.S. Associates - Chairman (1994/95), Executive Committee (1991 - 1997)
- Society for Information Management (SIM), Executive Board (1996-1997)
- Guest Lecturer, Pepperdine University Business School, 1993 - 1996
- Guest Speaker at Guide, ACM, UCLA Graduate School of Management, ASM, and DPMA
- Instructor, UCLA Extension Program, 1980-1984:
- Introduction to Data Processing
- Introduction to Programming
- Systems Analysis and Design
- Jackson Program Design Methodolog
- IMC – Institute of Management Consultants
- PMI – Project Management Institute
- Brit. I.E.R.E. – British Institute of Electronic and Radio Engineers
- ACM – Association of Computing Machinery
- IEEE – Institute of Electrical & Electronic Engineers-Computer Society