Resume of Marlene Palmer
Senior Consultant, WSR Consulting Group, LLC
More than twenty-five years of diverse business experience, with emphasis on providing solutions and promoting the flow of business. Ms. Palmer's paralegal training, along with her business and litigation experience, provide the foundation of strong research skills combined with an analytical approach to project and business needs, to determine why and how large- scale systems projects fail, and why and how each party contributed to that failure. Ms. Palmer's experience in litigation matters allows her to view cases from the standpoint of the vendor, user, integrator, and IT consultant.
- Analyzed discovery documents in a pending case and prepared reports to show that poor project management, testing and tracking, as well as a lack of experienced staff, resulted in delays. Created digests of depositions accompanied by research and documentation to substantiate critical arguments.
- Researched and analyzed documents, emails, and depositions to assist counsel in demonstrating the role of System Integration Project Manager. Prepared reports for the experts to demonstrate lack of understanding on the breadth of the project and stability of the system.
- Reviewed documents and prepared digests of deposition material, providing research to show unreasonable amount of change required by Legislature for the tracking system being implemented by the integrator, who had applied appropriate methodology and testing against a unique business bargain created by a contract that was then not honored by new administration.
- Prepared digests from analysis of deposition material and discovery documents to explain how a large telecom project failed in the area of resources and management due to poor risk management, and lack of adequate resources. Provided information and research from case material to demonstrate that reporting and methodology were non-existent on the part of the implementer. Findings supported a favorable mediated settlement
- Analyzed documents, emails, and status reports to help determine the causes of project and system failure at a large specialty auto-parts distributor. Focused on areas of resource management, project management, and software development methodology. Findings helped support a favorable mediated settlement.
- Analyzed documents to demonstrate that the failure of the implementation of a large-scale system for an insurance company was due to poor software selection methodology and weak project planning on the part of the IT consultants. Findings supported a favorable mediated settlement.
- Researched and documented material from discovery documents to compare actual project management and software development methodologies against promised industry standard methodologies in the failed development of a large Human Resource system. Findings supported a favorable mediated settlement.
- Researched and organized documentation to demonstrate that a major online service provider's transition from proprietary to Internet based protocols was performed with sound planning, management and disclosure for the IPO. Findings supported a favorable arbitration judgment.
- Assisted in researching applicable testing metrics, standards, and statistics in a case involving whether a newly released major software product had been well-tested, and whether the software defects were a major contributing cause to the large developer's ultimate demise. Findings used in a favorable arbitration judgment.
- Provided information and research to help substantiate legal position/arguments, and organized and maintained document logs for Y2K "Sue and Labor" matter involving large retail corporation suing its insurance carriers. Findings supported a favorable early resolution.
|WSR Consulting Group, LLC, Los Angeles, CA
|| 2000 - Present
Litigation Consultant (2002 – Present)
Paralegal (Aug 2000 – Dec 2001)
|Coreland Carlson, Los Angeles, CA
|| 1998 - 2000
Commercial Property Management, Office and Retail Portfolio,
Assistant Property Manager
|Winn Management Company, Boston, Massachusetts
|| 1988 to 1998
Residential Property Management
|B. A. - University of Massachusetts, Boston
|Paralegal Certificate - University of Massachusetts, Boston