Consulting Resume of Warren S. Reid
Managing Director, WSR Consulting Group, LLC
Over 30 years experience as a businessman, management-, litigation- and technology strategist and consultant including Senior Principal-in-Charge (Partner) of Information Systems Consulting for an international public accounting firm. Acted as an "incubator" leader and created and staffed Strategic Planning, Organizational Development, Executive Recruiting, and Litigation Consulting practices. Managed consulting teams of 3 - 60 consultants on fee assignments of $3,000 - $5 million for companies ranging in size from $1 million to over $25 billion in annual sales.
The scope of the systems that Mr. Reid and WSR Consulting Group, LLC, have built, written and/or lectured about, and testified on as an expert crosses multiple industries, and includes large:
- Legacy mainframe systems
- Three-tiered host-client-server architecture
- Distributed systems and databases
- Networked PCs (including wide-area, local-area, and satellite networks)
- Web-based systems (including e-commerce, e-business, and websites)
- Multi-state, multi-level Point-Of-Sale (POS) systems
- Robot controlled manufacturing facilities and army bases
- Enterprise Resource Systems (such as SAP)
- Specialized high-tech hardware, software, operating systems, CASE tools, platforms, and configurations
Business Counseling and Management:
- Developed strategic, marketing, and business plans to assist in growing, reorganizing, selling and/or raising capital for high-technology companies.
- Guided the Board of Directors, staff and physicians of a major non?profit health?care institution in changing its mission, organization structure and management team, physical plant and systems, resulting in annual savings of $3 million.
- Responsible for identifying and negotiating the hiring of more than a dozen CEO's and top managers to lead newly formed, redirected, or emerging-growth companies.
- Acted as a special consultant to the partners of the largest Ireland-based venture fund. Fund invested in U.S. high-tech companies. Evaluated potential investment candidates and rendered opinions and made recommendations regarding value of candidates' technology advantage, management team, business plan, exit strategy, competition, use of funds, and rapid changes in the high-tech industry that might impact the candidates' plans and future. Made investment recommendations.
Total Systems Solutions and Innovation:
- Implemented California's LOTTO 6/49 Games including controls to prevent annual losses of $10 million from potential fraud/abuse.
- Co-led creation of Federal Energy Office, advising the Regional Administrator on the staffing and training of 250 people, and implementing policies, procedures and controls. The agency was set-up and running in 75 days, and prevented an oil crisis from closing essential services.
- Led planning team to revamp New York State's multi?billion dollar Welfare Program. Developed methods to limit, detect, and correct fraud/abuse, with projected annual savings of $50 million.
- Orchestrated complete micro?, mini?, and mainframe systems solutions from concept to startup for more than 100 companies in 15 industries, including: healthcare, manufacturing, wholesale distribution, retail, government, financial services, and non-profit firms. +Results included major improvements in clients' planning, operations, controls, accounting, and profitability.
- Acted as a Crisis Manager for clients with "failed mission-critical" computer systems.
Specialized Legal Solutions and Litigation Expertise:
- Consultant/expert witness and/or special master in complex litigation involving: Year 2000 issues; computer system contracts; acceptance and performance; systems development and life cycle methodologies. Other areas of expertise include: complex system project and risk management; system project estimation methods; unit, system, acceptance, beta, and performance testing; intellectual property; director/officer responsibility; business failures; Civil RICO; and general business and insurance matters.
- Frequently requested presenter/keynote speaker at major national and international business and computer law conferences speaking on: technology and computer contracts; expert witness strategies; systems testing and acceptable performance; financing high tech companies; raising venture capital; the Year 2000 millennium problem; and developing successful quality systems solutions.
|WSR Consulting Group, LLC, Los Angeles, California
||1988 - Present
Founder and Managing Director
|Laventhol & Horwath, Los Angeles
||1980 - 1988
Senior Principal-in-Charge of Information Systems Consulting for the Western Region.
|Arthur Andersen & Co., Los Angeles & New York
||1972 - 1980
Manager in Management Information Consulting. (Advanced from staff consultant)
Wharton Graduate School of Finance, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
MBA in Management Information and Control, 1972;
MS in Accounting, 1971
Baruch College (City College of New York), New York, New York
Bachelor of Business Administration (BBA), 1970 (accounting major - first in class)
- President, Beta Alpha Psi (National Honorary Accounting Fraternity)
- Winner of National Beta Alpha Psi Award for Excellence in Accounting
- Member of Beta Gamma Sigma (National Honorary Business Fraternity)
- Winner, New York State Regents Scholarship
- Earned Certified Software Test Engineer (CSTE) designation from the Quality Assurance Institute (QAI).
- Achieved Certified Management Consultant (CMC) designation-Institute of Management Consultants - 1990.
- Earned Certified Fraud Examiner (CFE) designation - National Association of Certified Fraud Examiners - 1989.
- Former Executive Committee Board member of the CalTech‑MIT Enterprise Forum. Former Contributor and Reviewer for "Software Cost Estimating Improvement Initiative" - at Carnegie Mellon’s Software Engineering Institute.
- Former Co-Chairman and Co-founder of The Southern California IMPACT RoundTable with Richard Bernacchi, Esq.
- Former Board Member: Academy of Interactive Arts & Sciences; Cal-Tech/MIT Enterprise Forum; Century City Chamber of Commerce; SFV Cultural Foundation; City of Hope Tech Committee; CompuTalk - a high-tech company.
- Former or current member of: Los Angeles Bankruptcy Study Forum; Wharton Club; Quality Assurance Institute; IEEE; Southern California Quality Assurance Association; Computer Law Association - associate member.
- Co-Founder/Vice-Chair of World Computer Law Congress. Co‑organizer/Host for International Conference on Computers and the Law ‑ 1988, and IBM-RACF Users' Conferences - 1990, 1992. Co-founder/Board Member of ProTEC (Professional Technology Executives Co-op).
- Co-author with Michael D. Scott of: The Year 2000 Computer Crisis: Law, Business, & Technology, (original and two updated versions), Published by Glasser LegalWorks, 1998, 1999. (ISBN#1-888075-68-6) Phone: (800) 890-1700.
- Author of: The Year 2000 Computer Crisis: A Director & Executive Management Guide, Published by The Information Management Forum, 1997. (ISBN#1-55711-172-3) Phone: (770) 455-0070.
- Author of The Millennium Mandala (distributed worldwide), and the well-received and translated work, The Year 2000 Titan.
- Over 75 published business and technology articles including topics covering high-tech contracting; large-scale system development and project management; contract analysis; successful systems selection, analysis, design, implementation, defect prevention, quality assurance, testing at all levels including integration, acceptance and performance testing, and outsourcing: valuing companies; officer and director obligations; executive decision-making; using expert witnesses; and more.
- Interviews syndicated in 150 newspapers. Authored business book chapters. Former Guest Technology Commentator for KGIL Talk Radio. Author of "rfp/MASTER: the Complete Management System for Successful Vendor Selection & Systems Implementation".
- Former columnist for The Enterprise Systems Journal. Former member of the Editorial Advisory Board of The Year 2000 Journal. Former member of the Board of Editors of the Y2K Counselor.
- Guest expert commentator for radio talk shows.
- Guest Y2K expert commentator for CNN.